Quote:

Quote:

All very good choices for top of the line paints listed so far.....but the OP hasn't given a dollar figure he has in mind just for product alone, if he hasn't purchased paint ever, or product in some time, he's in for a shock, I have no issues dropping $500 to $1000 for a gallon of color, and another $3-$500 for clear on a high end paint product, it is what it is...but for some, the dollar amount decides the "quality" of paint....generally I refuse to paint a customers car with inferior grade economy lines offered by many of the current paint mfg's

So A34 is a $ fiqure part of your paint selection?, I know we all want the best bang for our buck, but we all have to pay the piper at some point

Mike

Good question and point. My paint guy originally said he would use Glasurit, now he wants to use PPG. Ultimately, he said he'd use whatever I want. I'm trying to understand the rankings of quality. I want something that will give the longest lasting shine. I hope I never have to paint it again in my lifetime. So, for the next 40+ years what will stand the test of time?

Budget? Like most resto's I'm way over budget as is. What's another Grand? $500 to $1000 for paint is ok with me.

I have been using PPG for over 40 years and never had any problems with it lasting, looking great and having the correct formulas for the original colors on Mopars. I have restored and/or painted more than 20 National show winning and magazine featured Mopars all with PPG. Here is a shot of my vert I painted over almost 20 years ago. I still have everyone go nuts over the paint at car shows today. You will have no problems with the results of the top of the line PPG paint.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert