Quote:

Just a question for the day.Does anybody really get into,or care about restoring a car 100% OE correct or is "close" good enough? On one hand,if somebody mentions about ponying up some huge bucks for a NOS/OE part you always get some comments about who cares and should have just bought a repop part.Yet when someone post about the value of a car,many are quick to mention and point out everything the is "incorrect" about the car.I've never watched the juding at the Nats for OE,but just wonder if there are still a lot of people doing this or are they just not posting anything here.Or being NOS parts and fewer and fewer each year,is the end of this type of restoration over?

its cool that is what some guys are into. if they want to make their car 100% or even close who am i say they are wrong. if thats what they want then i say go for it.

that being said. me personally don't care for it. when at say carlisle i avoid the stock area of all the models unless i have to walk through that area for a reason. stock just bores me. but hey its just not my thing. different strokes man.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com