I have gone from Day 2 mods to full race and ultimately to conservative customizing including a Hemi engine swap. It's easy to modify a car and takes a lot less effort than a total nuts and bolts restoration. It takes a lot of know-how, experience, research and real dedication to get a modified car back to the original configuration and running condition or better. I have never been more satisfied or had a greater sense of accomplishment with my first car (an A12 that I owned for 24 years) until I got it back to original. Until you've been thru it, it's hard to appreciate the cars that have been restored to some level of originality. I like to look at these cars and compare them to my efforts. I admire the car owners who have the desire to bring their cars back to the way they were. Other than wheels and tires and internal engine mods to increase the performance, I would never consider customizing an original muscle car again. I have a hard time taking a second look at a chromed out engine compartment and cars with interior modifications like steering wheels, gauges and seats unless it is truly customized show car or has at least 500 hp. I know not everyone has the wherewithall to do it but you have to appreciate the one's that do.