Quote:

The 525 is the motor in the Cuda. Ran it in S/ST S/C and Q16 occasionally. I would say the reason it made the power it did was the heads. The other option is RPM, we had very good heads and were not afraid of RPM.

I say it made 1050+ because we never dynoed it after the first build and went quicker with subsequent rebuilds and changes. We ended up adding about 6 mph over the years through changes made to the engine combo. The biggest gains were when we swapped cams, fuel and piston design slightly. We never really had the car itself set up to run all out, it was a S/ST car first and foremost. We needed more gear and a looser converter to really get everything out of it in the car. Having said that we did manage to go 170+ best off the stop at seal level.

It will be getting freshened this winter. Likely no changes will be made to the car as it lives in super class racing. Don't thin we can get anymore out of what is there in this environment.

If you want any specific lets me know I can supply what ever you want. But the heads are the key to making power.

Hi Al-
In your honest opinion, should I stay with 556ci or keep moving forward on the 572? I've sold my old motor. so I'm starting fresh either way. I'm waiting on my block to get done. So I'm at that point I need to make my mind up.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin