Quote:

Quote:

Can't get Joe? Oh come on 317-846-4933. I call him at least once a month just to catch up. I think everybody does. Maybe that is why he hasn't answered you.

The TRANZACT is not the same as Griner. Joe left Griner years ago. He has significantly changed his brake design several times sense then.

I ran the regular brake and cut awesome lights. I later ran a Pro Brake from TCI that Joe makes for them. No one beat me on the tree with that brake. I actually had to slow myself down to not red light.

Get a delay box with a reaction timer program in it. If you cannot go .180 you either have a button problem or you are simply slow.

#1 Your front tire pressure is too low

#2 You may be too low on rear tire pressure

#3 You are pushing your button too hard.

#4 You have a limited amount of springs in your high gear clutch pack install all 15 and get the better springs.

#5 You may be running stupid line pressure and have a pressure tank instead of a transmission. The same adjustment on a 904 will be 25-35 lbs more in a 904 than a 727. Check your line pressure. 135 is plenty

I spoke with Joe just after I had installed my valve body as I had a band issue...he answered my emails promptly, told him I was happy with it I emailed him about 3 weeks later mentioned I wanted to purchase a couple of the trans brake case connectors for spare, as mine wasn't installed the greatest either...Never did answer my email, nor my calls throughout the summer ONCE...I did get some weird chain joke email from him about a month or two ago though.

I am not knocking Joe, or his product....but others have said it, and I have seen it for myself that he is near impossible to get a hold of. I got tired of calling after 3 months to be honest.

I have not been as slow as .180 unless I have been sleeping at the tree- my lights on a .400 tree are almost exactly .100 slower then my lights on the .500. Like I said, maybe its me, maybe its the brake? I cannot run a delay box either in the races I run, nor do I want to to be quite honest.

#1- not sure if my tire pressures are low..never thought to go higher really.
#2- I run radials in the rear at 18psi every pass.I have been told that is sufficient and the car seems to work well at that number
#3- pushing the button too hard? Maybe, I tend to be a little aggressive lol..how does that effect release though?
#4- I am running a 904 with the multi spring kit, I believe they don't have that spring issue
#5- I run the dyno tested 150lbs that Joe set it to when I bought it. I did a pressure test, and it was spot on. Joe has told me, as well as others, that the 904's sweet spot is in that pressure- lower, I will burn up clutches, and higher I am wasting power

I do appreciate the input! Reason I started this thread was because I was hoping to hear I could reuse my current brake...so far it is pointing to that, which I am happy about

Pressing down hard on the button will delay your release...I do this if I think I bumped in deep. I try to act like I am getting electrocuted...

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!