Hi all, I'm a newbie here, but I joined the forum because I have a running '73 Challenger that I am building, and like most starting a new project, I am trying to absorb as much info as I can. I am pulling the '69 340/727 combo and dropping in a 5.7/545 that I got from a 2004 Ram pickup, so the info on this page is exactly what I need to help me get started. I was able to get the ECM/PCM, Dash, and harness with the pull, so I thought that I was at a pretty good starting point. Now, after reading this forum, I am beginning to wonder.

Anyway, my questions are #1 Is there a recommended source for general info on this topic? #2 Is there a guide on which harness connections I can simply terminate and which ones need a specific input or new module? #3 Hemijavelin mentioned sectioning the truck dash...can you post a picture of that...sounds interesting. #4 This was a legal engine purchase, but I din't think to get the VIN. Do I need it for any anti-theft coding? Also will I need an ECM reprogram.

Sorry about the long list of questions that my be pretty basic to some of you, but any advice on this topic would be helpful. Thanks