so, the latest.

i have a new box from MSD, and put it in with it set at 6300, and the same behavior. would not go about about 5700 or so. note this isn't the rev limit behavior, in that the rpm fluctuates a few hundred rpm, and it is missing badly.

moved the rev limit up to about 7300 or so, and it would go beyond 6k, just as before.

so i put resistor plugs in, (hats off to GTX MATT), and the missing was gone. it now stops normally at the rev limit, except that the limit seems to be 1000 rpm off. i had it set at 6300, and it was rev limiting at about 52-5300. upped the limit to 6500, and it climbed a bit, then 6800, and it climbed some more. set the rev limit at 7100, and it now seems to limit at 6100 on the tach consistently.

a while back i tested my tach against a sun tach/timing light, and my tach showed 2 or 300 lower than the sun tach, (i forget which), so i'm relatively sure that these numbers are close.

so. now it seems to run, but do i trust that the box will always hold the rev limit down at that limit, or will it let loose some time and let the engine spin to 7000+?

the resistor plugs seems to have solved the issue of it missing, but now i have the rev limiter issue.

i really don't know what else to do except leave it as it is or get the 6ALN box as i was advised to by the guy i talked to (see earlier post in this thread).

ideas, comments?