Quote:

What do you have the ground on the MSD hooked to? That has been one of the biggest problems I have run across. If you turn the rev limiter off does it give you any trouble? I have also had trouble when (with a stock dist.) if you wire it backwards giving timing issues. Are the pick up wires from the box (purple and green) running near plug wires or the coil wiring? On some of the MSD systems there is a purple and green and there is a blus and green. Does yours have both? If so make sure its hooked to the right ones! Ask me how I figured that one out!

a short answer to your question is that we took an entirely new wiring harness, and eliminated every wire existing on the car that is involved in the ignition system. we connected the positive and negative straight to the battery, we ran all the wires way clear of every other wire on the car, and it didn't make any difference at all.

the purple and green are connected correctly, verified that many times.

if i set the rev limiter way high, then it runs fine, but i have no rev limiter.

so far, it seems that the missing and breaking up has been solved with resistor plugs. now i have the issue that the rev limiter is set at 7100 and it limits at 6100.