ok, so, on we go!

since the resistor plugs seem to have cured the breaking up issue, i decided to see if that was the issue affecting the analog box, and put it back in. i put a 6600 chip in the rev limiter, and it ran fine, all the way up to about 5400 rpm, where it rev limited.

so now i have two boxes that seem to be limiting 1000 rpm shy of where they are set, so all of a sudden the thought came to me that maybe my tach is off, (yes, i did test it before). how could both boxes be doing basically the same thing?

so i went back to the shop that has the sun timing light with the built in tach, and my tach showed 5k within a couple hundred rpm or less of what his sun tach was showing.

unfortunately, i had the analog and not the digital box in, as that would have been a great test to unplug my tach, set the rev limiter back down to something reasonable, and see where if it stopped at that point.

but i'm also done with this. i talked with rick on friday, and i'm calling him tomorrow morning and having him send a box out to me.

i'll report back when i have it installed.