Quote:

This is way off topic, thanks to a moron that makes a post calling someone a thieve that he knows nothing about. Why don't the mods kick people like this off for posting on topics that have nothing to do with the topic.

Stanton:
Well folks there you have it, I have all the proof I need. They do let MORONS on these sites!!!!!!!!

Justinp61:
Yes it is meant to be that way. They charge you the retail price + sales tax and if it is not returned in a couple days they order in a new one. I know this for sure at AZ and Oreillys. They offer the rental program to keep the real thieves from buying a tool using it and returning it. if the renter decides he likes the tool and wants to keep it, he has already paid for it. I just had a conversation with my local Oreilly parts store manager [also a former AZ employee], about this and he says rent and return for a 100% return of $$$$ or keep it if you wish.

My post was letting the original poster know he can use a decent tool for free or buy it for a reasonable price rather than pay for a pretty much useless HF tool.

BTW if anyone is at the same race track as me and needs a 1 5/16" socket I have one in the trailer that you are welcome to use, except Stanton

The way you wrote the post said you "rented" the socket for $10 and then kept it. Anyone with even a Grade 5 grasp of the English language would get the same message that Stanton and myself (among others) did and that was you stole it. Sorry. Nowhere in the post does it say that the retail price for said socket is also $10 and that the store policy is "rent it or keep it" which makes no sense at all. Why would anybody rent a $10 socket for $10?

Kevin