Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

x5

With all the clatter and messing around trying to adjust them, I don't see what the point of the big hydraulic cams is, might as well have a solid and make more power all other things being equal.

One thing I wish I would've done different with my 440.

Agreed. Not to mention the quality issues with hydraulic lifters available today. So, faster ramps than ever, the need for much more spring pressure for control, and poor quality lifters that are generally more complicated. I doubt many are getting the performance out of their fast ramp cam profiles that they should. If you really care about performance, put a solid in it. Otherwise, put a lolli-pop cam in it, close the hood and forget about it.

I must really be the odd one out here. To me there is nothing sweeter than the sound of solids, and nothing say performance better.

Me too. A little sewing machine sound is nice... the sound of power.

Sounds like some guys spend more time adjusting valves on their big hydraulic flat tappets than I spent with my solid roller.If you're gonna run a big cam like that..might as well do a solid. I run the valves on mine in the spring(about 20 min tops) put the covers on and drive it all summer. The tight lash solids aren't even that loud...

Same here I adjusted them once on the test stand and once after about 5 passes three years ago.My valve train is pretty bulletproof though with bushed Isky iron rockers.
My XE HL Comp hydraulic was more annoying than the solid Comp I have in the Savoy now.I run it very tight though 12 intake and 14 exhaust cold.
Gus

7808934-006.JPG (54 downloads)

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60