Quote:

Quote:

I would not even be thinking about the floor pans etc. An old engineering manager of mine would call that "chasing ghosts". The answer is somewhere in your previous post.

The vibration appears after installing the clutch assembly and transmission, OK that would indicate to me the vibration was due to
1. something in the clutch assembly.
2. A problem with the bell housing itself
3. The transmission.

Another thing to keep in mind is, we don't know that the vibration caused the failure only that it was there before. the 40 year old bell housing may have been fractured due to being dropped and it was not apparent.
I have seen 2 very similar failures (almost identical) both were caused by an incorrect bearing retainer OD to Bell housing ID.

I see what you're saying, but this has been happening after two different clutches, pressure plates, bellhousings, flywheels, bearings in the crank and after a complete re-haul of the transmission, new fork etc. The car has never been wrecked either (i don't think I answered that earlier).So I can't dismiss something as dumb(trust me, I know it is dumb) as that. But it could have simply been the bellhousing, i believe that was the first thing I found in the road when I retrieved pieces. Once we take it out I will check the bearing sizes.
I'll be back with more info/pictures on Wednesday at the earliest, or if dad pulls it out by himself before then. Isn't too hard since the only thing holding the transmission is the transmission mount .
Thanks again fellas

Tell us about the engine rebuild , did it involve new parts other than rings and more importantly a balance job ?

I can't see the floor pans being the cause as something would have to vibrate to cause it to resonate thru the floors that would have had to have been very poorly attached to the car.