Quote:

Quote:

After sleeping on this, I bet that bellhousing needed to be indexed even though it was stock, and was just a bit too far off

This , new bellhousing , it is not indexed to the engine . Original bellhousing are attached to the engine block when it is being machined and mated to it .

the vibration could have been anything , it should have been found .

I'll ask a dumb question , was there a cover on the bottom of that bellhousing ? Also what was the source of that bellhousing , used replacement part or brand new ?

as far as the pinion angle , you say it's been like that since the 80's , but that doesn't mean it's correct , what were the rear springs ? Was the rear and original car rear or a modified truck rear ?

Indexed, does that equal the dowel pin deal? If so, that was done. I believe it had one of the plastic inspection covers on it. It is the correct Dana for the car with SS leaf springs still on it.
Well considering we got an entirely different block, different balancer, literally everything was different and it was still present. Nobody could figure out what it was from.
New motor, unhook all the power accessories and it was still there.
New motor mounts, new front end, new transmission mount, driveshaft balanced, new u joints all the way around, different exhaust (in case it was hitting) etc etc.
Cut the input shaft in case that was the problem and that did nothing. Then when we got the transmission rebuild that was all new input shaft and what not. I would have to find a receipt to see if the bellhousing was used or brand new. The "new" bellhousing was used before we got the transmission rebuilt with no problem. One of us would torque down bolts and other would always check, we were that paranoid (cautious?).
Look at previous threads I had on this problem and no solutions worked out.
Thats about all I can think that we have done with the car. O and lots of cursing at it over the past 3-5 years . Something I was surprised I did not even hear last night when this happened lol.

We've thought of just about everything, even possibility that the floor pans weren't welded in good enough and that's how were feeling it