Quote:

Just how many of you on here that have real Race-Cars have never Street-Raced?*?
At one of our Local tracks Phenix City,they have a Index race 4.70 & 5.50,with Pro Mods,Bracket Race,T&T each month.It is called the Fastest 1/8 mile Grudge Race track in the South.Guess which of these 4 races that draws the most Fans,and been doing it month after month,year after year? GRUDGE RACING!!!! The Fans Love for some reason seeing the cars parked in front of the Burn-Out Box in the staging lanes auguring 30-45 mins. before they line up and run!My Partners love to Grudge-Race so we do a little of it quite regular,but I want all the BS done in the Pits and when we pull out on the Track line up and race.You people want to see some Big $$$ put up or put some up yourself,bring $5,000.00 or more,put the word out you are looking for a $5,000.00 and up Grudge-Race,you won't believe how many will come up and start counting out $5,000.00 on the hood of your car. Now like some of the rest of you I don't think them Out-Law cars are as fast as they say,but I know all the people at ProLine Racing(engine in the Nova) been knowing Doug for many years and they build some unreal Turbo engines.
But don't for one minute think there is not some Big $$$ Grudge Racing going on.Down here Grudge Racing is the most popular racing of all.Now don't get the wrong idea about me,I'm just a Li'll Bracket Racer and Daymn Proud of it.

I'm not debating which draws more crowds...I've raced with no one in the stands ...But I think alot of it is the "drama"...heck I watch ndacuts videos...they are histerical. But..the real issue here is this show promotes a light of dragracing most of us have grown out of and don't agree with. Hopefully we won't be hearing of lawsuits filed by parents of children who say "I learned it on the Discovery Channel"

Oh..and these cars are a heck of a lot faster and more unpredictable then what we raced on the streets thirty (ouch) years ago..

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!