Quote:

And who in there right mind would go on TV give there name, make and model of car when the POPO will be watching. Either these guys make way to much money or they just dont care.

I for one have way to much time effort and memories with my son in the garage around the car to give it to someone for a paper weight.

I wonder the same thing about that Moonshiners show on cable. Like why do these guys show their face on camera and leave video evidence for the authorities???

The only thing I can think of is there must be some fine print in the credits to the effect of "everything seen is a re-enactment performed on a closed-course".

Then again, this kind of stuff has been posted on YouTube for years and also various websites that sell DVDs of it.

Question for people that still do this kind of stuff on the street, how is the hook and "track" prep?

I for one have way too much at stake with the wife, kids, house, not to mention the car itself to ever do anything like this, even on a smaller, slower scale.

I don't know if it's true but I've heard the authorities will make you watch your car getting crushed as part of the punishment.

I know for a fact, the way the laws are written now in CA, that you can get your car impounded just for "peeling out" or squealing your tires a little so I save it for the 1/8th mile track and drive like a grandpa on the street.