Quote:

I am having trouble keeping it cool.

My Charger that is.

It has a all aluminum Indy 572" motor 12.5 to 1 motor. Makes around 800 hp.

The cooling system consist of a Griffin Rad 26" and two 14" electric fans. one fan on the front and one on the back.

Idling in my driveway on a nice 85*f day. The cooling system cant keep the temp below 210*. Its at that point I shut it off.

At the track on the return road it just gets hotter as I return to the pits. The car has an alternator on it.

What I am wondering is if it is possible to keep it cool or am I expecting too much.

I have mufflers on the car and would like to drive it around more but I need to deal with the cooling before that can happen.

You might not be able to get there with that rad, but; Remove the thermostat and any restrictors ( if you are running them ). Dump both electric fans. Run a tight fitting fan shroud ( that covers the entire rad core ) and get the biggest flex fan ( 19" or more) you can fit in there. Getting the hot air out of the engine compartment will also help. Removing or modifying the inner fender panels will help. You can tell if you have air flow problems by running it without the hood and seeing if the problem goes away.

7713332-fan1.jpg (44 downloads)

Fastest 300