Quote:

Quote:

I'd guess my warmed 360 is around 330HP or so. I've been running it in front of the 7 1/4 in my Challenger for two years with no issues. I've been known to tear up the right rear tire from time to time. Still no problem. I do have a sure grip, 3.23, 8 3/4 all ready to go but haven't had the time to swap it out.

I'd say do it. Worst case, you're forced to swap in an 8 3/4....

Actually, worst case is like what happened to me - my transmission tail shaft snapped in two when the 7-1/4 failed and locked up, and made having to replace the rear end cost me a new transmission as well. That was an expensive lesson learned. Worst part was, I had a good 8-3/4" with 3.23 sure grip laying around but was too lazy to change the rear when i changed the engine from the tired 318 to the nicely built 360 with T/A heads.

Well, if that happens to me i'll have wrecked a 230 3-speed and the stock (too small for a 8 3/4") driveshaft.

But no... worst case would be like when my friends Duster finally blew (after months ov listening to that lovely grinding noise get louder... and louder... and LOUDER... and LOUDER...)... at 70mph, on the highway, in mild evening traffic, in the rain... and the snapped axle/wheel/tire actually slid out, munched his quarter lip, and made its way across the passing lane and into the ditch... dropping his left rear bumper onto the asphalt and steering his dangerously procrastinating ass immediately towards the right shoulder... with an oncoming bridge/river about an 1/8th mile ahead.

Heh... yeah... worst case would be that tire actually slammed into another car, probably full ov nuns and crippled children... and took it out, and him actually flying off that embankment into the river...

He got lucky. Cost him a $60 tow, a $400 bill to pay some random mechanic swap in the 8 1/4" i had for him, and about 1/2" ov metal off the corner ov his rusty rear bumper. And we never did find that axle/wheel/tire. Dammit... that was a perfectly good 15x8" small-bolt-pattern slot mag. Looked for that thing for a goddamn hour...