(dont laugh)

Behind a mild 383 and 3 speed? 3100-3200lb car.

Now, let me assure you, this is NOT something i would 'get into' or 'stand on' or even push much beyond normal daily driving. Just a last-ditch question from a (growing) desperate man that REALLY needs a car to drive.

My 6cyl Challenger needs an engine. The plan was the usual full deal... engine, 4 speed, 8 3/4", suspension, brakes, everything needed to build a big block car. I have all the parts save a few details. I have nothing for a slant 6, and i dont want a slant 6... i have ALL the big block stuff to bolt it in. The details are all in the rear... no 8 3/4" pig, no rear brakes, no driveshaft, and missing a couple key 4-speed parts. It would be SOOOOO easy to just bolt that 383 up to the 230 3-speed (already in the car and installed) and go for a drive. But would the rear last if i was REALLY nice to it? Again... just a temporary measure.

We killed a 7 1/4" in a 71 Duster in about a years time with a very tired ol' 318/auto... but we were really being tools about it. It gave us LOTS ov warning before it went too. That car weighed about 3400lbs.