Quote:

Quote:

I actually DO possess the restraint to not do burnouts and launches, or stoplight drags until i get the 8 3/4" in there.

Yeah...but what about all the people who owned it before you? There is no guarantee a part like that is only going to fail at a convenient and safe time like launching at a stop light. The 7 1/4 in my challenger went out not long after swapping in the mild 360 that lives there now. Ring gear carrier broke on one side and nearly twisted in half on the other, while shooting the spider gears out the back cover. It was dramatic and quite dangerous when it happened since I was going down a mountain road, rears locked up, car went sideways, etc.

If you want to run an old unit like that I would pull it apart and inspect it very well. Maybe even mag check it for cracks. No way I would try it with a big block though, but I guess it all comes down to your past experiences.

This was a one-owner, grannied 6cyl car with good service records... odd are its as good as you'll find in an old car.

My friends went when he was doing 70MPH on the highway in the rain. That was bad, but could have been worse. Like i said... its only temporary. I'm not gonna be able to drive like a ninny forever...