Quote:

Quote:

I realize the labor hours billed out on the job. But sometimes I think you have to take a step back and look at the overall cost.

What is this guy charging per hour? If it's $50/hr, then 900 hour equals $45,000 just in labor. I'd imagine parts are like $10-15K??

Was the motor or trans rebuilt as part of this shop's resto?

If this total bill gets up near $60-$70K plus I just don't see that quality and throughness of restoration work done. The pics look very nice and appropiate for what you seem to be looking for. Just not $70K plus type of work.

Hello,
the shop is $43 an hour, the engine and trans I had those rebuilt at a reputable shop so that was not in the body shop's hours. The parts were not that bad on this one as most all the items were useable and present just needed to be freshened up. But I just look at the body pics and keep saying where did 900 hours go? I know it is a larger B body car but really the whole body process should have been an easy 300-350 hours with paint included as there was zero sheetmetal repair just blasting, sanding and spraying.

So right now you are in it for $38,700 labor dollars. Any idea what the parts and materials are so far?

They are doing more than just painting the body.
-They are disassembling the rear end, detailing, and reassembing?
-Are they doing the same to the front chassis parts?
-Did they totally take apart the dash and redo gauges or just paint the metal frame?
-It seems they just painted the steering column, but no full disassembly/rebuild/reassembly?
-How much of the interior was replaced?

Is the rear end, front end, and dash completed and ready to be put back in car currently?

Last edited by autoxcuda; 02/04/13 09:28 PM.