Sorry for being so flip before.

I did a rotisserie resto on my gold 71. I did it ALL myself, so I know what it takes.

I was single at the time in 2005 and started with a 100% rust free car. Took it apart, steamed cleaned it bare, then media blasted it bare in my driveway with 2 different medias, then did 85% of the body work myself. Then a friend painted it in 10 days at his shop, then I put it back together myself, by myself in 10 months including disassemblly.

I worked on it just about everyday, almost every hour that I was not sleeping or working.

I have no idea on the hours involved but it was a lot. I would do 15 hour days on the weekends.

I have the right equipment to do it here and fast, not messing around taking my car here and there waiting on people. Otherwise it would have taken twice as long.

25 years of truck maintenance experience and 20 years of car racing experience helped me a ton.
I tried it with a different car when I was 25 years old and never got the car finished and sold it.

After steam cleaning, before media blasting.

I totally rebuilt every part of the car, there's ton of work involved.

A lot of the car got put together right where you see it, outside because my garage door open would be too low to have it sideways like that inside. Didn't lay on my back hardly at all.

I documented the build on this website back in 2005 for all to see.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 02/04/13 07:14 PM.