Quote:

Quote:

More than likely it was used on a small displacement, high RPM, extremely efficient engine. 360 cubic inches or less. Bigger is not always better... Not to bash the OP, but I would take the top port over the bottom one any day of the week, chances are it is a very highly efficient, high velocity port with every aspect of it set up for a max effort combination. The short side radius is a lot bigger than the bottom port for sure. The bore size wouldn't be as critical with that port it as long as it was 4" or more.

The last set of W8 heads for a small cubic inch Comp Eliminator engine were certainly not as small as those and flowed over 400cfm. The Cross sectional area would have been around 4". A 280ci engine at 9500 Rpm still needs around 3.65"
My old CFE heads had a minimum cross section of 3.48", below is a pic of the port window of the intake manifold as a reference

For whatever reason, I never took a pic of the intake face of them

The pic of the heads that Brett posted are curious, would I hazard a guess at an RPM limited road race application? It would be interesting to see how they look against an Edelbrock head, but I doubt that Brett has any of those in his shop

LOL true