Many have listed customer service as something that needs to be addressed. I would agree with that based on conversations i've had with them in the past. They have had some very polite people over the years as well and that's always a plus. the real problem as i see it from being in the industry is that almost nothing they sell in regards to heads and blocks can be used as delivered. I'm wondering how being polite when a ticked off customer calls is going to help his situation of having to drop a bunch more money to correct what should've been correct when he bought it.
I've worked with a lot of Indy parts over the years, but i've never seen a pair of heads that didn't need work, especially the valve job, or a block that didn't need align-honing on the mains, or more. If i'm ordering the parts in I just let the customer know to expect it, but when a customer orers the same parts they always expect them to be great right out of the box.
Now, with all that being said, i'm only stating my experience. In the end i make money fixing those things so this isn't necesarilly a complaint, just an observation.
Maybe Indy should just sell their parts as semi-finished, that way people know what to expect and wouldn't complain so much. That would sure make it easier for anyone in customer service.
By the way, congratulations on the new job.

Last edited by Performance Only; 11/27/12 07:45 PM.

machine shop owner and engine builder