Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How fast do you plan on going that you feel the need for a roller cam? A solid cam will fill the needs for most.

Not that fast at all really, high tens on the gas most likely. It's just that's know they make more power and the fact that they are a roller wheel instead of a flat tappet just gives me a little more price of mind. Even though I ran good oil in my other motors just because I wanted to, I never had to worry about ever losing a lobe because if a lifter ( hydraulic rollers). That said I know asolidflattappet will be fine

I considered a solid roller when I did my 408 but decided to go with a edm flat solid instead. It's been in the high 6.50s on pump 93 and has ran three years with only one lashing a year.

It looks like you're trading your worry about losing a lobe for worrying about losing a roller wheel .

Well dammit, when you put it like that lol

Have to price out the whole combination, but was considering the solid roller deal since I found a cam for a decent price, and a set of lifters as well (albeit morel, which I believe are the non pressure fed oiling ones).

I know a solid flat tappet can make the power, just thought I would try to make more with the solid roller since im really going to push this thing to the limits is all