So I have been doing some thinking about cam setups for my current motor since it is apart again. I have been giving some thought into a solid roller setup, and I know it is definitely a price jump from the solid flat tappet stuff...I drive my car quite a bit on the street (3-4000 miles a year), and have thought about whether a solid roller would fit my application? My biggest concern is the lifters- I have seem some mention lifters from PBM, Morel, or Chet Herbert for 300 dollars and under, but on the same note have heard mention that lifters that are not HIPO oiling or don't oil the rollers constantly are no good to use on the street.

So my question becomes what brands of lifters would accomplish what i am looking to do on the street? (as obviously they should work great at the track) What are the prices and features of these lifters?

I know many would say just pony up the money once for the solid roller, but at this point in time, I just can't afford a set of $500+ roller lifters, plus the springs, retainers and keepers to match, and then the cam itself. If there is something out there that works for cheaper, I am all for it though.

Curious to hear your opinions and experiences with this stuff