Quote:

Are you also going to put in every scrap of wiring from the dakota? That 05 computer is expecting to communicate with the body computer, anti-theft system, gauge cluster, all the emissions equipment, etc. Take any of this stuff away and you will have problems, unless you get it flashed. 1996+ when OBD2 came around, swapping the electronics over became a nightmare. The wiring is a lot more complicated to dissect and the computer needs to be flashed to ignore all the stuff that will be missing in your new vehicle. The 95 and back stuff can be done much easier. I swapped in a 99 engine but used 95 electronics for just this reason.

No, don't need to add all the extra stuff. I would love to ditch the whole emissions crap built in to the fuel tank, body, security, and whatever else isn't necessary. Who out there will flash the computer on these to eliminate the garbage?

Quote:

I had em comeinto the shop with holes in the VC and the timing chain sticking out.. and since the engine is out might as well service it

Good to know!