Quote:

Hi!

Last time I hit the track with my stock 71 440-6 car I think I had some fuel starvation issues....

When I was in 3rd gear and peak RPMs I had the motor die intermitently, kinda like if the cylinders were getting no spark....thing is, when the car is driven normally that never happens, so what Im guessing is that on a pass at wide open throttle Im sucking dry the 6 pack fuel bowls....am I thinking right???

Well, now to fix this I was wondering if I could run a Holley Blue pump (I already have it) out of the gas tank and then pump it through the stock mechanical pump.

I would like to avoid removing the stock mechanical if possible.

I would only turn the electric pump for ging down the 1/4 mile.

Can I do it like that?

Thanks!

D

To answer the questions - YES!!

This "old school" fuel system upgrade is timeless
for carbuerated motors. Just wire the electric fuel pump with it's own on/off switch. Put the pump inline with the suction line from the tank and output side heading towards the input side of the mechanical pump. As a method of less flow restriction, try to upgrade to 3/8" steel fuel line, if you can. When you buy the electric pump,
try to buy a "similar" (read: slightly higher)flow output pump than the mechanical. Example: 12psi output electric pump feeding into a 8psi mechanical pump. Got it? Remember, 6-packs NEED a lot of fuel, just like HEMIS or Max-Wedges!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)