Quote:

My car did the same thing last year, and it was the ECU (MP orange box, installed in about '94 or '95). Also on the "suspect" list is the pickup coil.

Just to let everyone know who helped I got it fixed. I wound up replacing the orange electronic control box. I just put an orange one on about 4-5 years ago and didn't even drive it one year. Probably don't have 2000 miles on it.
I replaced the ballast resistor, the coil, - (because it was the wrong ohms for the car and was leaking oil), the distributor pickup coil, (actually a whole other distributor) and checked the fusible link with all the wiring connections on the fire wall and the steering column too.
I called the Mopar Performance tech line and spoke to an older gentleman and he said that the coil is suppose to read between the to terminals 0.75 - 0.81 ohms. Mine was 1.5 ohms. Although this will work it puts an extra load on either the ballast resistor or the ECU box can't remember which he said now. But, that's a very good possibility for the electrical problems and eating ballast resistors for lunch all the time.
When you go to replace a coil see what the spec on the coil is and then go with that spec. Just wanted to let everyone know encase someone else may have this problem.
I bought my box from Jegs because they are running Mopars now and I will support them now over Summit. Nothing against Summit, just want to help my fellow Mopar drivers.

Thanks to all. Jeff.