If a racer needs 10 extra set of eyes to cover his incompetence as a driver, I say go for it. But, if one of you A-holes steps in the beams and lights the stage bulbs don't get mad that I turned mine on.

I have a huge boxe of of winners trophys and a couple more of winner ups. And never did I want or need anyone to line me in the groove or help me stage. To me it just seems to be part of driving. In fact if you volunteer and I tell you not to mess with me after the burnout you might end up running for you life when you do it anyway. 23 years racing the same car if I can't find the groove and what part of the groove I desire and stage myself it is time to turn the responsibilities over to someone who can.

There are some cases like a clutch car, boosted car, or a new driver that needs a little help until adjusted with a particular track. Sometimes racing a new track you have trouble getting to the first stage bulb. Maybe a guy who let's you know how close you are to the beam is good. But, more often than not the helpers step in the beams. This should be an immediate disqualification IMO.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.