I can understand some Pro cars like to have someone let you know when you are just about at the prestage lite as some of them look as if they can be very hard to judge. But for the normal weekend racer I have to agree it is no reason for it unless you want to look like the bigshot. I do know that sometimes as I creep up to stage and it seems like as I keep rolling forward I sometimes find myself saying to myself in the car.......where the heck is that prestage lite ? But I would never need any help as I just keep creeping forward until I lite the prestage lite.
I also dont know how people cant find the groove. As soon as I do my burnout I look for the track marks of the groove and I make sure my tires are lined up right in them. If I have to I back up to get in the groove marks. Then I roll up and prestage. If the other guy is not in yet then I wait for them to prestage before I go in and lite the stage lite. Dont matter to me if I am first or last. If I go in first then I just use their stage lite to get ready and come up on the converter. I will say at most tracks it really makes a difference if you are not in the groove. Ron