i can offer my personal experiance with a helix kit. they are indeed a "universal" streetrod type of deal. last year, i had the "priviledge"[?] of "fixing" an install of one of those exact kits on a 53 chevy pickup. to start with, the original installer and his "expert fabrication" pal sure had strange ideas when it came to level out the existing chassis and square up everything before starting to hack away. the first thing i did was check out the installation instructions. they are VERY "generic" [even though this kit was SPECIALLY DESIGNED for this installation] and assume you are a fabber with some experiance under your belt as well as having some insight of how a suspension is supposed to operate. next, i releveled and squared up everything. after some serious examination, it was apparent that the crossmember and upper hats needed some serious trimming in order to fit the chassis, even tho this was a "custom designed kit for your application". after a pile of work, it was installed and i made sure there was not any issues as to the function of the unit. however, i had to re-do the rack mounts because there was a horrible amount of bumpsteer - almost 1" ! i got it down to just a little over .250" before giving up. as stated, the brakes are puney and the option i see as being the easiest, would be to change 'em out to granada size[around 11" i think they are], but i don't know what additional cost that would be. also, i discovered the included shocks were not the right length, but i don't remember what they were swapped for. the quality of the kit, in my opinion, is just barely adequate for the intended purpose of getting your car on it's feet. i was REAL GLAD to walk away from this project ! i give this kit 2 . just my opinion and my real world experiance. the op would be further ahead to upgrade his t-bars,shocks, brakes, and steering box. cheaper in the long run by far !