With a moderate investment in what you have you can get a lot better result. The basic T bar setup is very capable.

1'st step is to assess current condition. If it needs a basic suspension rebuild (bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends ect.) do it. I'd suggest rubber bushings. Next is brakes. If you have discs you are good. If drums, upgrade to disks. The disc upgrade is possible with all used or reman or re-pop factory parts. See Mopar Action Disk-o-Tech. Another option is "scarebird". You can Google them. Next is shocks if they are tired. A good set of parts store gas shocks should be fine for a moderate build. Next step is a bigger sway bar. Finally the alignment. If your alignment guy can get some positive caster (say 2-3 degrees. up to 5 degrees is better) and some negative camber (say -.5 degree) you will feel a big difference. Factory toe settings are fine. With these mods I bet you will say "wow". More is possible but you can see a huge gain from the above without breaking the budget.

I'd add, there is wide variation in quality of suspension parts. I've had good results dealing with Firm Feel. There are other good ones... just be careful.