Quote:

i've thought about it in the past but just can't justify the cost (right now). I like the sound of a 68 dart, 5.9 CTD, with od and something like a banks system to push it into the 700+hp range and pull over 20 mpg. I've seen a duramax in a 68 impala beat the pants off a Lambo in a 1/4 mile

EXACTLY! I've seen two different chevelle's, both with Duramax setups.... that walked all up AND down both sides of WHATEVER they were racing. I mean, it didn't really matter what they were racing, but for what it's worth, one car appeared to be in the 700'ish hp range, geared, and done up right, but it didn't matter. The smack down was laid before the guy finished racing and then drove his Muscle diesel home to the tune of around 25 mpg. Crazy.

It seems that the Duramax is probably the most feasible setup right now to do this (while being able to make serious power),

I'm gonna stay true to my Mopar faith right now (trying to stay Mopar all the way through), but I still won't lie in saying that I might, just might, consider doing something like a Duramax setup down the road......