Quote:

OK, So I've seen a bunch of Duramax Chevy engines in Impala's, and Chevelle's, etc. But I've yet to see any older Mopars with a diesel engine.

I have to admit, the Duramax engine is rather impressive inside the older Chevies - So I know the 5.9L 12V Cummins would also be equally, if not even MORE impressive in an older Mopar.

I've seen the older Rat Rod from the Montana 'Welder Up' show, (that has the 5.9L), and it's awesome, but it's just not a Mopar Muscle Car.

Anyone ever done this with an older Mopar??????

There was one in a Monte Carlo of all things, but unfortunately the 5.9 ISB is just a BAD idea for any car. Unlike the Duramax, the Cummins is much longer, taller and way, way heavier and there is no way you could make one handle decently and even taking the weight would require a complete redesign of the front suspension.

...then you hafta move the firewall and deal with the height. I'm a big fan of the Cummins and I currently have four Cummins powered Rams, but putting it in a car is just a poor fit. Sure it CAN be done, but it doesn't make any real sense.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]