Mixed thoughts on the prices but it is what it is. I find it odd we are all mopar guys and the constant "Well I could have a BB for that" gets a bit old.

Has some ever thought its a simple choice/preference to build and run small block strokers vs BBs or Hemis?

Does the 440 guy want a hemi even if the money is there, not all....

Would the 440 guy be thrilled with enough added stroke to end up with a 512 or 528 inch motor, yes, however then you have to build around the bigger stroke, heads, ect and it would all add up.

If your 528 could make 1.5 per thats almost 800hp to build around, I dont know if a stock 440 block could take that power level so here again build to the max power output. So more money.

Then is your trans up to it? Your rear...to take 800 hp and a boatload of tq? Chassis?

Yes these are all raw figures but weather a simple 600hp small block or a 800hp BB stroker, put in all the factors and its not cheap either way.

For most a high torque small block with a 4 inch or more stroke is more then enough for a a body, e body and even f body cars, and some at 1/2 inch more stroke then a std 440, but still a 440 inch motor off a 4.250 or so arm says alot in the tq dept. Gotta have the trans/rear to match it as well.

Sorry for the rant and a bit off topic but so many just dont understand its a choice to run a small block vs a BB, its not like they only sell 500 BB build cards a year and only the few get BB motors.

My point is at the end of the day, if a guy wants to dump 10. 15, 20 in a big inch small block, its his cash and choice to be different.

Really I dont see too many ford or chevy guys complain over the cost of there parts, not so much as they are way cheaper but its they are dedicated to there brand.

If running a mopar causes so much pizz and moaning over costs, cash in and build a cheaper chevy/ford.