Quote:

So would you guys say the pan works and does what it is intended to? Andy you mentioned some control issues, were they oil pressure loss with that Valiant pullin some G's? Or just typical leaks and/or valve cover breather issues?

IIRC, that was with his custom Charlie's pan. Car went out to PIR, kicked butt, but after so many laps would loose oil pressure. Read down this page. I don't think Tim Werner has had his Valiant out with the new Milodon pan? AndyF?

On my car, with the old motor with stock pan and old suspension (still all upgraded) I had a pro driver drove my car at the big track at Willow Springs he sucked the pan dry.

He drove my car last April on same track with the new Milodon pan and about 200 more horsepower (seriously the old motor was tired) AND full Hotchkis TVS with 1.12 T-bars and there were no oil pressure issues whatsoever. He even over revved it by tossing it in neutral because the gearing is pretty still and thought it was in 2nd. I guarentee he was pulling more G's in the corner, coming of the corner with more HP/TQ, and pulling more revs at the end of the long straight because he could hit a higher top speed.

I also went dead sideways through the backstretch for about 200 yards. Motor died. Fired it back up and oil pressure was fine.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 01/16/12 05:01 AM.