I own an original bb stock car oil pan that has that shape, but is not that well baffled on the inside. It is much like the very old type written Direct Connection papers descibe, where the second oil pickup can be added to an external pump. It can hold 10 to 12 quarts of oil. I did use this on my first front engine dragster until I could afford a proper drag pan. It worked fine.

I thought that I would start out keeping it simple with the hemi/sixpack, 6 quart pan and either a mopar or Milodon windage tray. I still have to add the skid plate on the k member. I want to make sure the TTI headers and other possible steering mods will allow a change to a better oil pan.

It's hard to do work on your ride when it's in paint prison. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

Last edited by racealittle; 01/13/12 12:51 PM.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!