Quote:

Quote:

is this a race car or strip / street?

assuming its race use the victor manifold.

i don't know about those rockers, find out what kind of success people have been having with them.

pistons probably cost you a little more than $500 and i wouldn't use the replacement ones i'd use a race piston. Ross can usually be had for a reasonable price but i doubt you're gonna find a shelf piston that will hit your 11:1 mark. FT will probably fall far below that and dome above. it all depends on chamber volume, deck height, piston selection and head gasket thickness.

i have no experience with K1 but get the impression they're better than the other imports.

use the .990 wrist pin size.

i would use a standard speed pro moly file fit. make sure the bores are properly finished.

studs definitely, aluminum caps would be better. personally i wouldn't get involved in a girdle i'd use aluminum caps before a girdle. at the power level this engine should make you should be OK with stock caps but YMMV

cam selection...well can open worms everywhere. i usually buy shelf cams for stuff like this. i like the cam in my sig car. comp .585/.585-275°/275° @ .050"

carb- HP950

converter- quality 8"

tires- race cars (if that's what it is) use slicks

now someone else is going to tell you something completely different

Good advice, no arguments here, but will add some.
Bigger headers (1 7/8 to 2" x 36+), size of cam and stall may allow a bit bigger carb if stall is high enough. Set the deck to .000 and cut the heads for the best compression you can get with a flat top. Size the valve pockets for as big a roller and as big a valves (2.25 intake, 1.81 exhaust?) as you ever figure you may run. Makes the short block compatible with more serious heads, like SRs or 440-1 should you ever decide to change the combo. See if there is a shelf piston and rod combo that would allow you to use the same rods in the Hemi build down the road. You will benefit from a longer rod in either combo, (weight) and just off the top of my head a 7.10 long rod would need a 1.725 compression height piston to get .000 deck at 10.7 deck height.

The car is primarily strip but it would be nice to thrash on the street once and awhile.

Primary focus is the bottom end as I can always swap heads and induction but want a good short block to get a few years of fun. Will stick with the Victor 440 as recommended.
The 440 Source roller rockers are one of those impulse purchases China okay quality I have a new set of crane iron adjustable rocker arms, maybe should just use them?
Eagle rods sound okay.
Pistons? Will these work with the Eddy heads?
Brand ICON Performance Pistons
Manufacturer's Part Number IC836-030
Part Type Pistons
Product Line ICON Premium Forged Pistons
Summit Racing Part Number UEM-IC836-030

Bore (in) 4.350 in.
Bore (mm) 110.490mm
Piston Style Step head, with two valve reliefs
Piston Material Forged aluminum
Compression Distance (in) 2.067 in.
Piston Head Volume (cc) +12.00cc
Wrist Pin Style Press-fit or floating
Pin Diameter (in) 0.990 in.
Piston Ring Thickness 1/16 in. x 1/16 in. x 3/16 in.
Quantity Sold as a set of 8.
Notes Step dish design. Piston weight 709g, pin weight 141g.