If I had a choice ( and endless $ ) I would be racing a 63 Plymouth or 64 Dodge Max car, as that is what I raced years ago - But, my Dad called me up one day in 94 and said he was getting too old to mess with this 79 Chrysler that he had ( mostly in storage for the previous 10 years ) and if I wanted it, I could have it. "Just fly out and drive it home." My folks lived in the state of Washington. I lived in Chicago at the time. Thats a 2500 mile trip - one way. I decided go do it with the thought of turning a $ on it. Got it home ( not without incident - broke down in Evanston, Wy ) and proceeded to clean it up to sell it. When I realized it was a rather unique car ( being a 300, rust free and all original ) I decided to just drive it for a year or so. Well, one year truned in to 17. The engine went from a 360 to a 408. The rest of the drivetrain stayed original ( with some mods ). It's far from an ideal choice for drag racing ( can you say HEAVY ) at 3960 lbs. empty, but it is unique, especially at the track. It does have some advantages, and when I remember what they are, I'll let you know .

6931045-11.85dial.jpg (279 downloads)

Fastest 300