We have a 70 RR currently with a Performance Only 452. 23 spline 833, no mods. 4.3 S60 with a true trac. Tim Hyatt built Mcleod based Soft-Lock clutch. Still playing around with clutch settings, have been dropping base pressure to as low as 3 turns.

Original 383 rear leaf springs, have been clamping them and breaking 3/8" Grade 8 bolts on the clamps so clamping must be doing something. Shocks are stock from Advance Auto (I think, bought them when on a trip up to Babylon a few years back). Tires are Hoosier 9x29x15, D07 compound. Just getting used to those. Before were 9x28x15 D06 compound.

Typically I launch 5000, 5500 hundred (no two step or anything) Generally if anything have wheelspin issues.

Plan to add frame connectors when the engine comes out to fix the roller lifter that got lunched.

Best time is 11.67 at around 120. 60 ft's down in the 1.61 range,although it claimed 1.45 once but I have to believe that was a timing light glitch.

Car could really use cal-tracs and I am sure new springs and adjustable shocks.

The front suspension is the same stock shocks and I have 1" torsion bars for our streets down here. I do drop the front end down until the bump stops are maybe 1/2" off the frame

Tranny oil is 80-90 gear oil, Coastal brand I think.

It is a blast, no way am I going auto.

How long that 23 spline will continue to last in a 3800 pound RR time will tell. I am sure the Tim Hyatt clutch is a big factor in the tranny living. A Jerico or Nash would be nice eventually. I have no problem with non-synchro transmissions, either on the street or the track (actually would prefer it, but currently own the 833).

On the street I just tighten up the clutch and put the street tires on. Sometimes I even put the mufflers back on.

Last edited by David_in_St_Croi; 11/14/11 08:58 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite