Every time this topic comes up, it seems to feed on itself, ad infinitum.

The diagram isn't a Mopar, and may not be perfect. You asked for an explanation as to why moving the ball joint affects bumpsteer, and this does make that clear.

There's an old engineering axiom: Perfection is the enemy of good. At some point, you've gotta say "uncle", and get the pig into production. Lots of Mopars were pretty far from perfect. EG: fast-ratio E-bodies with lousy Ackermann (the engineer told me, basically: "it worked OK"...and it does. Most of the '80s-'90s FWD stuff with MacPherson struts, and the horrendous linkless swaybar setup. And, worst of all, F/J/M-body front suspension. Plot that curve! But, as was pointed out, nobody got killed. The cars just could'a been better. (A few Chrysler engineers did quit over the F/J/M suspension however).

I have cut some pretty fast lap times with the FWD stuff, and, on a smooth course, even the F/J/M stuff can work. Make the asphalt bumpy or undulating, though... ;->

Generally, all the later ('60-'62-up) longitudinal T-bar suspension designs (the ones with the adjuster in the LCA) were very, very good. I have the SAE papers that compare them to contemporary competitors, which looks like F1 vs. soap box racer. My point, therefore, is why, if the design is so very good, knowingly degrade it, when the parts to do it right are pretty easy to come by?

One the hose routing issue: I stand corrected, I was thinking "single piston caliper". But the point remains unchanged, on any non-OEM swap, be sure to check for stretch and abrasion as I outlined.

Rick