Quote:

Typical disc brake conversion thread ...with the usual "problems" and misconceptions, a few of the responses are spot on, .....

I've done countless swaps over the decades using the 73 B body/ FMJ spindles, along with using the pin type caliper, on 66-70 B bodies, 70-4 E bodies, and the 71-2 B bodies, this family of cars are pretty much the same, with regards to sharing the same design/componets,....I've NEVER had an issue using the 73/FMJ "tall" spindle, no bumpsteer issues, or alignment problems, as some have proposed/theorize....

1st problem, sounds like you have the calipers mounted rearward, if so you can relocate them to the front upward position, by swapping the spindles left to right/drivers to pass/pass to drivers, the spindle design is symetrical in regards to the spindle angle/position, all that changes is the calipers location from rear to upper front/forward, use the 70-72 calipers/hoses (pin type)....get rid of the DISTRIBUTION DRUM block and use the correct PROPRTIONING VALVE,...get rid of the adjustable PROPORTIONING VALVE, not needed in your application....use a 1" maximum bore DISC/DRUM master cylinder 70-72 B/E application, regarding the booster, the single diaphrams, drum or disc, are all 10 3/4 diaphrams, pretty much all the same....the pushrod to bore gap for the master cylinder/booster pushrod clearance should be no less than .060 (ideal) to a max of .100

...simple guidelines, posting some pics of your current set-up, could help ID some prbplems/help

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike. I will get some parts in here for this weekend and report back the results.