Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The TQ or QJ will still win over a squarebore carb, smaller primary bores get better mileage if the AFR is the same on both carbs. & you can make a 750dp get right at the same mileage as a 3310.

if ther A/F ratio is the same for either carb, can you please explain why one will get better mileage over the other? same amount of air, same amount of fuel.

the one thing i could never get used to on a spread bore carb is how much further you need to push the gas pedal in normal driving to get the same acceleration as a square bore carb.

The smaller venturis are supposed to be more responsive to small changes in vacuum/load during normal driving, so they should respond more precisely to fine changes in throttle position as you would encounter during daily driving. FWIW I always found spread bore carbs to be more responsive when driving around town than square bore carbs.

just here but since the TQ has much smaller primarys wouldn't that make the secondarys open faster? As mentioned before by me and others, a tuned carb is going to use the fuel/air it needs to push the car. What about a 6-pack? It runs off a small 2bbl most of the time.
Anybody got andy real world numbers?

I thought the center carb on a 6 pak was like a 500. Same as a 67 and down carter 4 bbl