Quote:

Quote:

The TQ or QJ will still win over a squarebore carb, smaller primary bores get better mileage if the AFR is the same on both carbs. & you can make a 750dp get right at the same mileage as a 3310.

if ther A/F ratio is the same for either carb, can you please explain why one will get better mileage over the other? same amount of air, same amount of fuel.

the one thing i could never get used to on a spread bore carb is how much further you need to push the gas pedal in normal driving to get the same acceleration as a square bore carb.

Its not really the same amount, i'm only talking on the primary side, Who drives around at WOT all the time, you have less air/fuel being drawn in on the smaller primary carb staying on the primaries, but yhou can still adjust the AFR to where you want it, now why wouldn't you think if the AFR was the same on both carbs, that the larger throttle bores would get the same mileage, The engine is able too pull in more air at the same throttle possition as the smaller primary carb,, lets say 1/4 on both carbs, so the larger throttle bodied carb lets the engine draw more air, more air needs more fuel, resalting in more consumption, its not a brain teaser.

But i do agree with you on how the larger primary carb feels better under moderate throttle (more responsive) then the smaller primary carb

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU