Quote:

OK guys I have another question after priming it with my drill and hex tool. I got decent oil pressure to show up on my gauge pretty quickly.

What I'm wondering now is shouldn't I be seeing some oil showing up on the top of my heads somewhere with the valve covers off while I am doing this?

I had the drill spinning CCW and I tried rotating the motor over by hand to different positions several times. My passenger side head looks dry as a bone and my drivers side head looks oily (but I can't tell if that is from when I added the oil).

If it makes any difference, I am running the 440source rockers and 7 quart pan (with 7 quarts added).

Thanks for any advice!

Pull all of the spark plugs out and remove both valve covers, start priming the motor and while priming it turn the crankshaft over clockwise very slowly until you hear the drill motor noise change, that is when the oil will be going up the oil passages to the rocker shafts, one at a time Once the drill motor sounds different stop and let it run the oil in the shafts until you like what you see or when it starts leaking onto the floor The rocker shafts are oil once every camshaft revolution or once for every other crankshaft revolution I now have my camshafts grooved all the way around on the number four cam journal so they will oil the rocker shafts full time lots of warnings on this post, some are valid and some are internet myths

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)