Quote:

OK, again thanks everyone. One more thing I'm not clear on though. The distributor and gear are out, have never been in yet.

So do I still need to worry about TDC? Or is that something for me to straighten out before install the distributor and rotor and I fire up the motor that has nothing to do with priming the motor with oil?

Again, thanks for your patience everyone.

If the distributor has never been in then you have it made. Prime with your half inch drill and primer rod making sure that the drill is turning Counter clockwise. Turn the engine over a couple of times during the priming to make sure that you are getting oil to both heads - Only one side oils at a time.
When primed. With your finger in number one spark plg hole turn engine over till yo feel compression and then very slowly bring to TDC. Now insert the intermediate with the slot parallel to the engine center line. Now insert the distributor taking note of where the rotor points. Make sure to put the number 1 plug wire in the terminal that the rotor is pointing to and follow th firing order cc around the cap.