Quote:

I'm just giving this guy a hard time. No matter what he would have said he would have gotten a smart comment back. ...

I'm just dissappointed I drove 10hrs to a goat path, with bad track prep. Oh and I have a VW turbo diesel for reliability no need to buy a dragster.

Hey, let's lighten up a bit here, alright? First off, different strokes for different folks. I'm a bracket racer myself, but I LOVE to watch heads-up racing! LaRay (sc301v) said he came out to see the other Mopars as well as race his bracket car. Nothing wrong with that... in fact, I read in another thread where he won Super Pro that night, so congrats to him too!

As for the track prep, you're way off base. There will be cars running in the low 4's there this weekend. Will they have bigger tires? - Yes. Is the track prep terrible? - No. Could it be a little better? - Sure, but few tracks are ever perfect. How many 1/8-mile tracks do you see that make the investment to go full concrete like Ohio Valley Dragway did last year? They did that to keep the fast cars coming in, and it works. I'm sure things could be better for some small tire guys, but part of the mystique and challenge of small tire racing is knowing how to get your car down a less than ideal surface, and that's why I take my hat off to them! There are far worse tracks all over this country, and if your regular track is better, than good for you.

Look, I like Bill May, I loved that old Road Runner he used to run in KOS days, and I would love to have seen a small block kick some big block butt, but when you're late, you're late, and track prep, bracket racers in the stands and everything else isn't going to help you when you dig a hole too deep to get out of.

I started this thread to let the Moparts folks know of the outcome of the race and to congratulate Tony for a well-deserved and hard-fought win, especially after chasing down his shifter woes and being savvy enough to get his radial tire car down a track when he was told it could't be done. Again, Tony, you da man!

And again, thanks to the Robbins and the sponsors and to all of the racers and spectators for a great first event.

-Allan

(FKA Racer Al back in 2000...)