Thanks guys for all the congrats, Id like to start by giving A BIG thanks to Silverfish and Gary for getting this together AND to ALL the sponsors that made it happen.

As i told everyone i met, i got there on wed to test my car. I have not touched it since november and have been fighting a lot of small gremlins for a while...mostly nitrous tune ups. Well i have put in a ratchet shifter and wed when we got to the track, we worked on the car for prob 4 hours messing with the cable etc, trying to get it to work....Seems that it was mostly the cable. But we went thursday morning to a local speed shop and bought a new shifter and got it working great. Took the car for a little ride friday am on some local streets ( Yea it is a STREET car) and it shifted fine.
Fri night we were back at the track and ready to test. FIrst pass was a 5.65 and i will not spell out my exact tuneup but i will say this...it was very soft and had a lot of front end travel. People had warned me that radials DO NOT work at this track. My 60 foots on fri night were 1.36 and 1.35.
Sat we were ready and knew what we were going to try.
test passes sat, 5.58 and 5.57 going in the right direction, even on a HOT and sunny track. 60 foots were 1.31 1.32
1st round i tried another small change 5.55 1.30 60
2nd round i had a bye, left the tune up alone 5.61, the car slowed because the bottles had dropped to 875
3rd round i think was a 5.56
In the final i was just going to take the beams and back out, but the track manager told me "the fans want to see you make a pass" I probably dodged a bullet because i only went a 5.81....the car got real loose about the 330' and i had to lift

I have to thank my son a lot, he lined me up all weekend in a pretty narrow and tricky groove. He MADE me go get a new shifter and was right there helping me install it in my sisters garage thurs night with pretty much NO tools. He was there all week helping me and making it happen
I have to thank my wife and other son at home, who could not make it but were there supporting me via texts and phone calls
I have to thank my sister for letting me invade her house and garage for the week.
Also have to thank Scott Brown (Competition Components Buyracingparts.com ) for all the help via text and for all the help over the years.
It was a blast for sure and i would love to do it again, I thought for sure i would not make it past first round and was a little taken back by the competition, there was plenty there that could kick my ass for sure. Just had a little luck on my side , thats all.

Thanks again to all the sponsors that made this happen, and it sure was nice to meet SO many people ...

AND if you want to know how to get down that track.....LOL

OH YEA...if i got a "target" on my back now...dont forget, the next time i come out i might be a little lighter than the 3495 i was saturday

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....