OK.

Update time. Runs even better. I put some smaller diameter metering rods in it since lunch and it is snappier, and the bog seems to be gone.

I ran it without the vacuum advance hooked up. Still has a slight (very slight now) miss going on. It is so minor that I may be getting it confused with some other things. Hooked it back up, it is basically the same.

I should note that it has 3" exhaust with those cheap Flowmaster knock offs that Summit carries. So anything that is slightly off is amplified by the exhaust. Although it is really not that loud.

One thing I really noticed is that it is quite sensitive to timing. 32 total at 2500 is not enough, and 38-39 is too much. No more bouncing around on the timing with the distributor fixed.

I pulled some plugs (4 of them) they were all a light grey. They are Autolite 85's.

I am going to do some driveline work tomorrow, and plug wire clean up and rerouting etc. and check the plug gaps etc. and then take it for a real spin.

I know to some people it may seem like I have fiddled with this forever, but it is learning time. I have spent essentially zero $ on all of this and have made a lot of progress. Much of it is due to the help of this board for which I am much obliged. It has been somewhat fun too, the kids like it.

And yes, I will be adding a real carb in the next few weeks. This carb is just temporary for now to get the car going. My 3310 needs some very serious TLC, so I will likely run one of my Thermoquads next.

Quick question, what do you gap your plugs to? .035 or more?

More information to follow tomorrow most likely.

1989 Dodge Cummins & 1989 Dodge W-250