Quote:

Ok Update time.

I jetted the carb richer, and followed the eddy manual to a T. It is better, but not done I now have a bit of a bog, but some of the irritation is gone.

Here is what I have noticed so far:

If I am accelerating, even gently, it is fine with no hesitation. If I cruise gently it does its bucking thing.

Some good news is that the distributor has well in excess of .025 play at the top. Which is twice what it should be.....so the poster above is on the right track I hope.

So back to the distributor. No worries, the kids and I like this stuff

And I will pull the plugs too.

I should have an update this evening with the findings.

FWIW- timing is 22 BTDC at idle, 35 at 2500 RPM both with the vacuum advance plugged.

I'll be back.

ROB

You may want to adjust your timing curve. At idle, 22 degrees seems like a bit much for your combo. Get a kit and open up the distributor. Try to get a curve that gets rid of the bog (maybe 15 degrees at idle and 35 all-in).
Also, using the 10% ethanol gasoline can cause a bog if your carb was originally tuned for pure gasoline.
Good luck.

"When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me." - Mookie Wilson